Thursday, September 27, 2012

Salty By Evie Shockley




Judy Underwood, Chasing Rainbow



 

Thursday Flash Fiction Week 28: Innocence and Dreams


I find you embedded in the earth permeating it like salt,
You add a fine white spice to my diet like salt,
At night you glisten the hot surface of my skin like salt,
you send my blood pounding through my arteries like salt.
#
You stick to my fingers until I lick you off like salt,
at my feet you crumple into a little spill of bad luck like salt,
You symbolize the gritty edges of my outrage like salt,
I grind you into my wounds and you taste like salt.

13 comments:

Justin Penter Wood said...

strong sentiments of this.

Iris Huswiferyman Murphy said...

love the imagery.-

Bluebell Books Twitter Club said...

love your salty poetry.

Sarah Glenwool Bush said...

romantic.

Belinda Williamson Bona said...

awesome write.

Silverfox Goldwolf Jolie said...

beautiful poetry and emotions!

Iremonger Doorbell Pickens said...

sweet tribe.

I see love.

Minn AlFrederick Romney said...

salty and charming passion.
masterful delivery.

Myrna R. said...

Not sure how the prompt worked with this, but I sure liked it. I never read a poem that had each line ending with the same word. This was really fun to read.

Jessica Theodoragoss Alspach said...

fabulous.

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

i love this...

JJRod'z

Rachel Collegewood Schapiro said...

powerful and salty.

India Monitor Watson said...

a fun poem.