Thursday, September 6, 2012

On A Girdle By Edmund Waller : A Featured Poem



Google.com image




That which her slender waist confined,
shall now my joyful temples bind,
No monarch but would give his crown,
His arms might do what this has done.
#
It was my heaven's extremist sphere,
The pale which held that lovely deer;
My joy, my grief, my hope, my love,
Did all within this circle move.
#
A narrow compass! and yet there,
Dwelt all that's good, and all that's fair,
Give me but what this rebind bound,
Take all the rest the sun goes round!

9 comments:

Iris Huswiferyman Murphy said...

a piece to share,
loved the word flow.

Andy David said...

Hello.
I like the imagery and flow of this...although I cannot imagine a girdle being comfortable in any way (smile). Thanks for sharing and visiting.

This Plunderous World

Silverfox Goldwolf Jolie said...

a message well expressed.

Jessica Theodoragoss Alspach said...

powerful efforts.

Marcie Automatic Constantin said...

lovely pick.

Stephany ChuBB Hudson said...

powerful.

Nataeven FairyAn Fallin said...

woohoo,

inspired poem!

Rebecca Victorya Clinton said...

way to goat.

james atel said...


its such a nice & Awesum blog provide info
hope more people discover your blog because you really know what you’re talking about. Can’t wait to read more from you!
for more plz visit
debt management advice